- Q. *** Terms & conditions for business promotions***
- Q. How do I become a member?
- Q. Can anyone join?
- Q. Is there a dress code?
- Q. Do I need to be proposed by an existing member?
- Q. Are children allowed in?
- Q. If I become a member, can I bring guests?
- Q. Is there somewhere to park?
- Q. Can spouses share their membership?
- Q. Do you cater for all kinds of diets?
- Q. I may not always want a full meal. Can I just pop in for coffee while waiting for a train?
- Q. That all sounds great! So when is the club open?
Q. *** Terms & conditions for business promotions***
- Promotion available to potential individual or corporate members.
- Potential members are required to fill in a form prior to the time of the visit.
- Only one (1) visit per customer or business. Max. 6 guests at any one time.
- A dress code is in place. Business attire: Jackets and ties are not required.
- Please note: Jeans, sportswear or training shoes are not permitted.
- All food and drink ordered must be paid for before leaving the club.
- The promotion may be withdrawn during peak time.
- Please quote promotional code at time of booking.
Q. How do I become a member?
You will need to complete our membership application form and send it to the club, or fill out our online form by clicking here. On receipt of your form we will process your application and confirm your membership within 5 days if successful.Back to top
Q. Can anyone join?
We are a private members' club aimed at the business community. We welcome applications from all walks of business life and all professional working people. We offer corporate memberships for businesses and large organisations.Back to top
Q. Is there a dress code?
As you would expect in a private member's club aimed at business people, our members like to dress in smart attire. So for the benefit of fellow members we ask that no one wears any kind of sportswear, trainers or ripped jeans.Back to top
Q. Do I need to be proposed by an existing member?
No, you may apply directly to the club for membership. Tell us a little bit about yourself, include an independent referee, and your application will then be considered by our membership board. The application process will take 5 days, and if successful we will send you a membership pack to welcome you.Back to top
Q. Are children allowed in?
Yes, members are welcome to bring their children to the club, however, they must remain under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times.Back to top
Q. If I become a member, can I bring guests?
Yes, every member can bring guests in and they can enjoy all of the facilities.Back to top
Q. Is there somewhere to park?
Yes, we have our own private car park.Back to top
Q. Can spouses share their membership?
Yes, husband and wife or civil partners can join as a couple and can use the club as full members.Back to top
Q. Do you cater for all kinds of diets?
Our chefs will be very happy to discuss whatever you or your guests need. Please feel free to request any special kind of menu that you require. All we ask is that you give us a little notice if you want something that isn't likely to be on the menu, such as gluten free, vegan or Kosher food. Our menus are available to view and download on the menus page of the website.Back to top
Q. I may not always want a full meal. Can I just pop in for coffee while waiting for a train?
Yes you can. We are the perfect place for you to relax in before or after your train journey.Back to top
Q. That all sounds great! So when is the club open?
Corporate meeting facilities are available from 8.30am by arrangement.
Opening hours for food are Tuesday to Saturday, from 12pm at lunchtime and 7pm in the evening.Back to top
Final orders should be placed by 2pm for lunch and 9.15pm for dinner.
Sunday 12pm until 3pm (the club closes at 5.30pm)